This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Metabase Storage

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I have a requirement to normalize the read information into few tables which could be such as the following:

1) Metabase Entity

2) Metabase Relation

3) Metabase Attributes - These attribute lists could be columns of a table or parameters of a procedure.

4) Metabase statistics - Row counts for tables,views etc., execution times for procedures, etc.,

I am not a C# developer. Could this be provided? I sincerely appreciate the help. These tables could be

created and autopopulated in the same schema where the read is happening.

Thanks

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:41 AM

You need to project the schema model into your table structure and persist it.

Metabase Entity = DatabaseTable, DatabaseStoredProcedure etc as required

Metabase Relation = DatabaseConstraint

Metabase Attributes = DatabaseColumn, DatabaseArgument

Metabase Statistics - not supported, and not really in scope for this project. For execution times you need a performance profiler and you must run the procedures with realistic data, which will be very specific to your application.

This is easy and quick for a C# or VB.Net developer (with the exception of the statistics).

You would have to specify the schema for your Metabase tables and the database where those tables live. Those are specific requirements, which you will need a programmer for. This project just makes the schema metadata easy to get; it can't define exactly how you want to use the metadata.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I have VS 2008 but the solution seems to have been upgraded to VS2010. I could not open the solution after downloading. Is there any place that I can get VS2008 version?

Thanks

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I see VS2008 folder and able to open the solution in VS2008. Thanks.